A Special War Room meeting was held today in Punjab Raj Bhawan to review covid situation in the city. Apart from Adviser to the Administrator, Principal Secretary Home, Director General of Police, Sh. Yashpal Garg, IAS, CEO, Chandigarh Housing Board (Nodal Officer, Covid Management Plan, GMCH), Sh. SS Gill, IAS, Special Secretary Health, -2 eminent doctors namely Dr. KK Talwar, Ex-Director, PGIMER & Dr. GD Puri, Professor & Head of Anaesthesia attended the meeting. Director Principal, GMCH-32 & Director Health Services, GMSH-16 also attended the meeting.
After detailed discussions with all participants including the two doctors, who had visited GMCH-32 in the morning, the following decisions were taken :-
1. GMCH will set up additional 20 beds of L3 level in its campus. The additional 30 beds will be set up on the first floor of Sector 48 Hospital to provide A2 level facility. Necessary pipeline for oxygen supply will be laid at the earliest.
2. The physical OPDs in GMCH-32 will be closed, so that the doctors can concentrate on corona work. Only emergency will be kept open.
3. Students of final year MBBS will be engaged to assist the existing doctors in corona related work.
4. Students of final year in Nursing College will also be engaged for assisting the nursing staff in battle against corona.
5. GMCH-32 will create a Plasma Bank, which can be used for covid treatment. The basic faculty staff available in GMCH should also be utilized for covid related work.
6. The doctors who have been sent on mobile duty outside should be replaced by final year medical students, so that those doctors can attend to serious patients in the hospital.
7. The PGIMER specialists will make periodic visits to Administration’s hospitals and give special medical advice, which will create extra-confidence in the minds of the patients.
8. The Administrator directed the Health Department to ensure adequate availability of Remdesivir and Tocilizumab injections, both in hospitals and in chemist shops. The chemists will be allowed to sell it only with the authorized prescription and only for indoor patients, who are hospitalized. Specific authorization from Director Health Services will be needed for such sale.
Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT appealed to the citizens to strictly follow the covid protocol by wearing mask, maintain social distance and hand hygiene. He also directed the police authorities to ensure that the curfew timings from 06:00 PM to 05:00 AM are strictly followed.
कृपया अपनी खबरें, सूचनाएं या फिर शिकायतें सीधे email@example.com पर भेजें। इस वेबसाइट पर प्रकाशित लेख लेखकों, ब्लॉगरों और संवाद सूत्रों के निजी विचार हैं। मीडिया के हर पहलू को जनता के दरबार में ला खड़ा करने के लिए यह एक सार्वजनिक मंच है।
जो साथी “लोकहित एक्सप्रेस” में पत्रकार नहीं हैं और वो अपने क्षेत्र से हमें अपनी खबरें, सूचनाएं या फिर शिकायतें, सुझाव हमें सीधे भेजना चाहते हैं। हम उन टिप्पणियों को बिना किसी भेद-भाव के निडरता से प्रकाशित भी करते हैं। आप हमें सीधे Email : firstname.lastname@example.org पर भेज सकते हैं।